[Exim] Different options with same main configuration file

Author: Lena
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Different options with same main configuration file
Hello,

Many Linux machines using cPanel http://cpanel.net and latest Exim
have a daemon which often (~weekly) updates (by rsync) itself and
main Exim configuration file /etc/exim.conf and restarts Exim.
So editing /etc/exim.conf on one machine is useless, a change soon is lost.
I need to use options accept_8bitmime and untrusted_set_sender
on only one machine, and I don't want to disable automatic updates
(by cPanel daemon) on that machine altogether.

I thought to ask cPanel authors to insert a line into /etc/exim.conf
on all machines:

.include /etc/exim.include-config-main

and to create that file with two lines

accept_8bitmime
untrusted_set_sender = *

on only one machine (then cPanel daemon doesn't update it).
But Exim gives error message "failed to open included configuration file"
if the file doesn't exist (on all other machines).
Two other ways I thought of:

${if exists{/etc/exim.include-config-main}{.include /etc/exim.include-config-main}}

${if exists{/etc/exim.conf-8bitmime}{accept_8bitmime}}
${if exists{/etc/exim.conf-8bitmime}{untrusted_set_sender = *}}

also don't work - give error messages like:

2003-09-30 17:29:14 Exim configuration error in line 218:
option setting expected: ${if
exists{/etc/exim.include-config-main}{
.include /etc/exim.include-config-main}}

So far I see only one soluton - to make feature request:
.includeifexists
working like .include (6.3 in Exim Specification), but silently
ignored if the file doesn't exist. Easy to implement I suppose.
Or just make .include to work that way.
But may be someone knows another solution not involving feature request?

Thank you!