Re: [Exim] main option "hosts_require_tls" unknown ?

Author: Juha Saarinen
To: hauser
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] authenticators: how to prevent an unlimited number of password tries thru smtp?, RE: [Exim] main option "hosts_require_tls" unknown ? ==> how to force my exim to accept incoming mails only if protected by TLS?
Subject: Re: [Exim] main option "hosts_require_tls" unknown ?
Ralf Hauser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To force all people sending mail through my exim smtp server to use TLS, I
> added the line
>
> hosts_require_tls = *
>
> to my exim.conf.
>
> But when starting exim, I get
>
> <<Exim version 4.20 uid=0 gid=0 pid=11837 D=fbb95cfd
> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (November 18, 2001)
> Support for: IPv6 PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
> Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
> Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
> Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
> changed uid/gid: forcing real = effective
> uid=0 gid=0 pid=11837
> auxiliary group list: <none>
> LOG: PANIC DIE
> Exim configuration error in line 32:
> main option "hosts_require_tls" unknown
> search_tidyup called
> ...>>
>
> Any idea what I am doing wrong?
>
> Many thanks for any hints in advance!
>
>     Rgds  Ralf

> P.S.: I didn't see a hint how to avoid this in
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_29.html#IX1568 and
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_36.html.

Looks like you put it into the "main" section, instead of the smtp
transport one.

--
Juha