[Exim] Fwd: Exim 3.35 on Debian Woody - smartuser configurat…

Author: Clive Menzies
To: exim-users
CC: Maggie Dusnic
Subject: [Exim] Fwd: Exim 3.35 on Debian Woody - smartuser configuration -
SOLVED
----- Forwarded message from Clive Menzies <clive@???> -----

> To: exim-users@???
> Cc: Maggie Dusnic <maggie@???>
> From: Clive Menzies <clive@???>
> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:58:48 +0100
> Subject: Exim 3.35 on Debian Woody - smartuser configuration
>
> Hi
>
> I've recently changed from getmail to fetchmail to collect mail from 4
> ISP's. This entailed a reconfiguration of Exim but I'm left with a
> problem for which I thought I'd found the answer but it doesn't seem
> to solve it.
>
> My partner (maggie@???) collects her mail from our ISP,
> PlusNet. However, I have clivemenzies.co.uk listed as a local_domain
> within exim.conf to ensure that I receive my mail. I found an old post
> which described a solution as follows:
>
> "Your local_delivery director will catch anything (in local_domains)
> thats on your machine, and if not, it will pass to not_local and match
> the domain, which will pass it to this transport smarthost" Following the
> example quoted I put the following in Transports:
>
> smarthost:
>   driver = smtp
>     hosts = relay.plus.net

>     And at the end of the Directors section:

>     not_local:
>     driver = smartuser
>     domains = clivemenzies.co.uk, alladdin.com, lotter-e.co.uk
>     transport = smarthost
>     no_verify

> (the other two domains I also share with users who collect their mail
> from their respective ISP's). Can you give me any pointers as to why
> this doesn't work?

Apologies - It does work but it was the rewrite that wasn't working:

In my /etc/email-addresses file I have:

user: clive@???

But the script (which I've now commented out) generated by eximconfig
doesn't seem to work:
# *@apollo    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
#                                               {$value}fail} frFs

But hard coding my email-address does:
*@apollo clive@???

I would like to use a script for the rewite because I have two other
addresses:
otheruser:clive@???
otheruser:webmaster@???

Can you tell me if I need to amend this script?

> Please Cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list

Thanks

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk
strategies for business