[Exim] Exim 3.35 on Debian Woody - smartuser configuration

Author: Clive Menzies
To: exim-users
CC: Maggie Dusnic
Subject: [Exim] Exim 3.35 on Debian Woody - smartuser configuration
Hi

I've recently changed from getmail to fetchmail to collect mail from 4
ISP's. This entailed a reconfiguration of Exim but I'm left with a
problem for which I thought I'd found the answer but it doesn't seem
to solve it.

My partner (maggie@???) collects her mail from our ISP,
PlusNet. However, I have clivemenzies.co.uk listed as a local_domain
within exim.conf to ensure that I receive my mail. I found an old post
which described a solution as follows:

"Your local_delivery director will catch anything (in local_domains)
thats on your machine, and if not, it will pass to not_local and match
the domain, which will pass it to this transport smarthost" Following the
example quoted I put the following in Transports:

smarthost:
  driver = smtp
    hosts = relay.plus.net

    And at the end of the Directors section:

    not_local:
    driver = smartuser
    domains = clivemenzies.co.uk, alladdin.com, lotter-e.co.uk
    transport = smarthost
    no_verify

(the other two domains I also share with users who collect their mail
from their respective ISP's). Can you give me any pointers as to why
this doesn't work?

Please Cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list

Thanks

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk
strategies for business