Re: [Exim] Exim bounces

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Johnson, Michael [IT]
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim bounces
On (2003/09/25 13:46), Johnson, Michael [IT] wrote:

>     When a message this a deny by an rbl I would like a nice message to
> be displayed. I did this via the message = " my really long nice message to
> the user"... I have two issues though.
> 1. I would like not to send a bounce if possible but ranter exim spawn an
> email somehow including my message as the body.. .

This practice is something a lot of people on this list spend
considerable time complaining about. Many folks feel that rejecting at
SMTP time is the right thing to do.

Why? Mostly because A lot of spam delivery software just kills a
message (or retries and then kills) if it isn't accepted. In these
cases, your MTA won't contribute to the number of bounces sent to the
forged sender address.

Ciao,
Sheldon.