Re: [Exim] Exim segfaults in daemon mode (daemon.c seems to …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Richard Gration
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim segfaults in daemon mode (daemon.c seems to be the problem)
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Richard Gration wrote:

> > local_interfaces = 127.0.0.1 : 192.168.x.y
>
> I tried this, but exim still segfaults

OK, so it's something different then.

> I used strace (last bit of the output below) and it shows that the
> segfault happens after the fork, just after libdb3.so.3 is read. Maybe
> my initial suspicions were correct ...

Yes, I agree. Looks suspiciously like a DBM problem.

Check that (a) you have only one DBM library installed (b) you have only
one set of DBM library headers (include files) installed and that it
matches the library. If you have more than one DBM library installed,
double check that the correct include file is being used - the one that
matches the actual library that is being linked.