Re: [Exim] Problem with eximon under Linux

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jon Warbrick
To: Tony Earnshaw
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problem with eximon under Linux
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> Tim Jackson wrote:
>
> > Now he's pointed it out, I find it trivial to reproduce
> > by just a shift-left click on the queue panel of eximon on a machine with
> > an empty queue.
>
> It's trivial to reproduce if it happens ;) With me it doesn't and never
> has.

Hm, interesting.

> What he also said, though, that his was a vanilla eximon.conf and
> mine isn't. All those years ago I didn't like the sizes, so I changed
> them. And it's always been the same since.
>
> > Then again, it could be a difference between the X
> > libraries in RH7.2 and 7.3.
>
> What they gave me with 7.2 froze my machine up the whole time (on/off
> button stuff). The kernel was useless, too, just to give you an example.
> I compiled my own.
>
> I've changed so much on my machine that it's not really 7.2 any longer.
> I used gcc3.0.4 to compile the above. I have self-compiled 3.3 now ...

I've now confirmed that I see the same effect on RH9 so I suspect it's
something to do with the libraries as distributed by RedHat. I also
suspect that eximon.conf is a red-herring, since it only sets default
preferences rather than influencing the build, with the build being
controlled by the Makefiles. But my Local/Makefile also uses default
settings for things related to X.

Jon.

--
Jon Warbrick
Web/News Development, Computing Service, University of Cambridge