Re: [Exim] Those damned Spamassassin Headers

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Terry.Shows, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Those damned Spamassassin Headers
At 14:46 -0500 2003/09/15, Terry Shows wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I noted Giuliano's comments about spamassassin headers, and realized that it
>presented a problem for me too.
>
>Since I run spamassassin (yep, I am a damned spamassassin user), if emails
>come to me with the spamassassin headers in them, my system doesn't run
>spamassassin against the email, assuming that it has already been checked.
>
>I would love to remove the headers immediately upon receipt, (and wouldn't
>mind removing them just before transmitting them) to keep this from
>happening.
>
>Will headers_remove in the remote_smtp transport do both without adverse
>effects?
>
>Terry

I do not know if you can do that in a transport, but the dnslookup
router should be the right place for outgoing mail.

Now that we are talking of economy of means, wouldn't be a nice idea
if the list software used for the exim list removed all those
inessential Received headers?

Now you know it, I use "more" to read my email and these headers give
me an headache... seriously, even if I do not see the Received
headers, I do not see why we should all see all the steps that a
message to the list took, they could be left for the archival copy
kept at exim-colo-01.whoc.theplanet.co.uk (or whatever). And save a
lot of bandwidth, if not some irony.

Giuliano