Re: [Exim] Black lists

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Black lists
Jez Hancock wrote:

> Care to share your favourite blacklists Tony?
>
> /me in lurk mode :)
>
> I'm currently using spamcop, had it in 'warn' mode only for a month or
> so and it seemed fairly reliable with no false positives that I can
> recall.

<me-ever-a-sucker-cos-people-will-now-slaughter-me-but-who-cares?>

I don't think SpamAssassin includes spamcop, since I've never noticed SA
reporting on its findings and because I've only ever seen negative
"reviews" (o.k., yours is the exception).

This is from my SA 2.60 local.cf. Tests with a score of 0 are not run at
all by SA. I've marked up my positive DNSrbls (notice I cut out the only
single RHSrbl?) because I've never had wrong/FP/smtp 550 rejects from
what I use. As soon as I do, I'll adjust. Note that Postfix 2.0.14
using the new amavisd-new smtp proxy mechanism, (which is my MTA at the
moment), sends notification of each smtp 550 rejection (sorry Philip,
Marc) to postmaster. *This would be a good idea for Exim*, since it
precedes any log report controls and is extremely valuable.

SA "scores" are points. One has to add the points for all tests - SA
Perl regexps (and my own regexps, for which Philip's pcretest is a
godsend and of which I have around five score), SA Perl evals, Bayes and
DNSbls - together to get an SA kill (=smtp 550) score. So one test would
never be enough to refuse a message, if the points for a positive test
result are less than the points for a kill.

Here it comes:

# RBLs
# RBLs with 0.0 have been stopped! Check now and then.

# Dead

score DNS_FROM_RFCI_DSN                 0.0
score HABEAS_SWE                        0.0
score HABEAS_HIL                        0.0
score HABEAS_VIOLATOR                   0.0
score RCVD_IN_RFCI                      0.0
score RCVD_IN_OSIRU_DIALUP              0.0
score RCVD_IN_OSIRU_PROXY               0.0
score RCVD_IN_OSIRU_RELAY               0.0
score RCVD_IN_OSIRU_SPAMWARE            0.0
score RCVD_IN_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC            0.0
score RCVD_IN_OSIRU                     0.0
score RCVD_IN_ORBS                      0.0

# Living

score DCC_CHECK                         4.0
score RCVD_IN_DSBL                      4.0
score RCVD_IN_NJABL                     4.0
score RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY               4.0
score RCVD_IN_NJABL_RELAY               4.0
score RCVD_IN_NJABL_SPAM                4.0
score RCVD_IN_OPM_HTTP_POST             4.0
score RCVD_IN_SBL                       4.0
score RCVD_IN_SORBS                     4.0
score RCVD_IN_SORBS_HTTP                4.0
score RCVD_IN_SORBS_MISC                4.0
score RCVD_IN_SORBS_SMTP                4.0

</me-ever-a-sucker-cos-people-will-now-slaughter-me-but-who-cares?>

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Millom kaksar eg litet kann trivast, millom jamningar helst er eg nøgd

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???