Re: [Exim] Black lists

Author: Jez Hancock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Black lists
For the record I have:

  # Deny blacklisted hosts:
  deny    message       = $sender_host_address is in a black list at \
                          $dnslist_domain"
          log_message   = "rbl:$dnslist_domain"
          dnslists      = relays.ordb.org : bl.spamcop.net : sbl.spamhaus.org

in my rcpt acl.

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 01:37:33PM +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> gARetH baBB wrote:
>
> >I'm actually confused what this is about - my initial thought was that
> >Suresh was upset at the topic of RBLs and my opinions about them, which
> >would follow from the context of this mailing list and inparticular the
> >subject of this thread.
> >
> >I've had to battle twice now with the mess up of spamcop and people
> >(especially ISPs) who take spamcop, or any RBL seriously - I just regard
> >RBLs as mostly bad implementations of a bad idea usually used by people
> >who don't know what they're doing.
> >
> >Or has he some other agenda which from my point of view would be
> >particulary offensive if it wasn't so pathetic.

<snip>

> Suresh's "*plonk" was probably due to the fact that he, like I, relies
> on DNSrbls and has good experience with the best ones.

Care to share your favourite blacklists Tony?

/me in lurk mode :)

I'm currently using spamcop, had it in 'warn' mode only for a month or
so and it seemed fairly reliable with no false positives that I can
recall.

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/