Re: [Exim] HOW TO RELAY TO NON-TRADITIONAL PORT

Author: Calum Mackay
To: JDBitters
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] HOW TO RELAY TO NON-TRADITIONAL PORT
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
--
JDBitters@??? wrote:
> Installed exim 4.10 last night on a FreeBSD 4.6 box with the following
> "send_to_smart_host:" configuration:
>
> send_to_smart_host:
>    driver = manualroute
>    route_list = !+local_domains 192.168.181.1
>    transport = remote_smtp

> This works fine, however, in order to relay to an ISP SMTP server though
> a SSH tunnel, I need to connect to port 50000 on 192.168.181.1 and not
> port 25.

Two ways: if *all* your ongoing SMTP mail is going this way, i.e. if all
mail through the remote_smtp transport is going this way, just add:

port = 50000

to your definition of the remote_smtp transport.

Alternatively, if you only need to do this for some email, instead of
using remote_smtp use a custom smtp transport:

customport_smtp:
debug_print = "T: customport_smtp for $local_part@$domain"
driver = smtp
port = 50000

and specify the "customport_smtp" transport in the router that handles
this email.

cheers,
c.
--

[ smime.p7s of type application/x-pkcs7-signature deleted ]