Re: [Exim] HOW TO RELAY TO NON-TRADITIONAL PORT

Author: ODHIAMBO G. Washington
To: Exim-Users
CC: JDBitters
Subject: Re: [Exim] HOW TO RELAY TO NON-TRADITIONAL PORT
* JDBitters@??? <JDBitters@???> [20030902 16:52]: wrote:
> Installed exim 4.10 last night on a FreeBSD 4.6 box with the following
> "send_to_smart_host:" configuration:
>
> send_to_smart_host:
>    driver = manualroute
>    route_list = !+local_domains 192.168.181.1
>    transport = remote_smtp

> This works fine, however, in order to relay to an ISP SMTP server though
> a SSH tunnel, I need to connect to port 50000 on 192.168.181.1 and not
> port 25.
>
> I cannot find how to do it on the documentation, the FAQ or the
> discussion groups.

Really? Even in spec.txt ??

Create another transport, which is like the remote_smtp and use it. From
spec.txt, I got:

special_smtp:
driver = smtp
port = 50000
command_timeout = 10s

-Wash

PS::REQUEST

Whenever responding, please, put your response _under_ the original (previous)
posting/message(s), not above them. This is the basics of Netiquette.

Also, remove unneeded fragments of previous message(s), especially any
"commercial" adverts and signatures. It's really ugly, space-wasting and
hard-answerable to have all that junk nested a couple of times. Thank you.

A: Why is top posting frowned upon?

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Be a better psychiatrist and the world will beat a psychopath to your
door.