[Exim] Suffixes passed to LMTP transport (cyrus)?

Author: Tom
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Suffixes passed to LMTP transport (cyrus)?
If I have a router match a suffix, and then direct the message into a
LMTP transport, the suffix is removed from the recipients. I have
verified this by running Exim in verbose delivery mode.

Normally people run Cyrus with an "accept" router than just accepts
everything and dumps it into Cyrus over LMTP, and if a mailbox does not
exist, Cyrus refuses it, and Exim creates a bounce.

However, sdf.com receives a lot of incorrect addressed e-mail. Over
1,500 unknown recipients per hour. I need to reject during SMTP, so I
need to use "check_local_user" and suffixes.

Also, everyone please stop registering on websites as "sdf@???"! I
know one wants to give their real e-mail address when registering for a
website, but sdf.com is a real domain, and gets hammered with this junk
all day, every day. It is always the same junk: sdf@???,
asdf@???, dfg@???, etc.

Tom