[Exim] Exim on Red Hat Linux?

Author: Aviram Carmi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim on Red Hat Linux?
Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement for sendmail, and I found out about
postfix and exim.

From what I found out on the net so far, I like exim more than I like
postfix, (nothing concrete, never used either, never actually
configured sendmail, even though it is the MTA installed by default
on my RHL, I am currently using a MacOS based MTA, EIMS)

However, I found out that neither Red Hat nor Mandrake have
"built-in" support for exim.

I am a complete novice when it comes to Linux, and I rather not
install program from "scratch", nor would I like to mess up with the
default OS configuration.

Any ideas why, for example, Red Hat provides postfix with their
distribution, and even provide a mechanism (a little utility program)
to switch between sendmail and postfix, but completely ignores exim?

Mandrake, on the other hand, uses postfix as their default MTA.

Is there anything "wrong" with exim?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

-avi

--

Aviram Carmi
Owner

Over TheNet (R)
601 Daily Drive Suite #226
Camarillo, CA 93010-5840

http://www.otn.com/ Building Profitable Web Sites Today
(805) 384-1144 Voice (805) 384-9111 FAX

(C) Copyright 2003, Over TheNet (R) All rights reserved.