Re: [Exim] Setting up SpamAssassin & Tarpitting on exim 4.22

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Dan Egli
CC: Kevin P. Fleming, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Setting up SpamAssassin & Tarpitting on exim 4.22
Dan Egli wrote:

> I'm quite familiar with Amavisd-New, using amavisd-0.1 myself. But
> amavisd-0.1 doens't integrte with SpamAssasin that I'm aware of and
> amavisd-new doens't have the ability to send virus warning messages like
> I want it to (to the RECIPIENT, not the "sender"), at least not that
> I've seen anyway. So amvsisd-new is not really an option. How would I
> implement it otherwise?

1: amavisd-new (I'm using amavisd-new-20030616-p4 with "The Other MTA")
uses SpamAssassin (I'm using 2.60) if you configure it to. "The Other
MTA" does smtp 550 rejects, just like SA-Exim, while at the same time
unbeknown to the spammer quarantining the rejected mail ) if you
configure it to). Mine also rejects files with Microsoft extensions
(that I can choose) and SA can be configured to reject them on content,
as well.

2: amavisd-new can notify the recipient of virus quarantined by your
anti-virus software, if you configure it to.

So, I'd say: Take another look. Theres also the amavis mailing list, of
course ...

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???