Re: [Exim] ISBN#: 0954452909

Author: Ralf G. R. Bergs
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] ISBN#: 0954452909
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:32:29 +0200, Torsten Luettgert wrote:

>On Mit, 2003-08-20 at 14:50, Yves Goergen via COM.BOX TEMA wrote:
>> Why is there no PDF download or something similar?
>> Would be easier and cheaper to deploy...
>
>Look, Philip already maintains a very good piece of software
>and gives it away for free. He doesn't have to do this. If you
>want the book, buy it. It's not much money, considering the
>work that went into it.
>
>If you absolutely want a PDF documentation of exim, use the
>specification. It's authoritative anyway.

I don't like your arrogant tone.

The original poster DID NOT ask for "free download." He just made a very valid
point, namely that distributing books as e-books is much easier and cheaper than
distributing printed matter. If I understood him correctly, he is WILLING to pay
the price for the book.

(I'm well aware of the problems with e-books and protecting one's intellectual
property, but that's not my point.)

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\