Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f
| Yesterday we rejected almost 100000 messages that were virus warnings
| sent no a non-existant email address at our domain. I think it's very
| stupid to sent virus warnings (excluding those generated at smtp time)

We've been noticing the sites who send bogus virus allegations
counterfeiting sender address of `postmaster' at the site of the victim
being falsely accused.

The sample below came from mailscanner running at visuallink.com, who have
*no business* originating email as postmaster@???

I'm sad to see mailscanner has now incorporated this `feature'.

( N.B. I know viruses are forging "X-MailScanner: Found to be clean"
header. This is unrelated. )

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service.