Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f
--
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:46:51 +0100 (BST), Dennis Davis
<D.H.Davis@???> wrote:
> >Have any acls for exim4 been written to block the latest
> >sobig.f virus released today. We've received over 300 of
> >them and would like to block at smtp level if possible.
>
> exim-4.22 + exiscan-acl-4.22-10 + a decent commercial anti-virus
> package. We use sophos + the sophie daemon. If an anti-virus

Agreed. However it's worth installing the ACL mentioned previously for
blocking single word HELO/EHLO's for performance reasons. I've been
using a similar ACL for a few weeks now, and yesterday the normal 2-5000
emails blocked with this took a jump to over 30,000. I'd rather not dump
those extra mails through a virus checker.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer   /~\ The ASCII
University of Portsmouth                    \ / Ribbon Campaign