Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f

Author: David Saez
To: Dennis Davis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f
Hi !!

> Yesterday we blocked nearly 6000 copies of this virus. So far today
> we've seen more than 4600 copies. This is by far the most rampant
> virus I've seen since we've been running virus detection on our mail
> servers. So far we haven't seen an internal infection. I suspect
> we've been lucky and that luck may change when people on holiday
> return and start reading their email.
>
> The question of false bounce messages has arisen elswhere in this
> discussion. I have a lot of sympathy with Alan J. Flavell's ideas:

Yesterday we rejected almost 100000 messages that were virus warnings
sent no a non-existant email address at our domain. I think it's very
stupid to sent virus warnings (excluding those generated at smtp time)
but it's more stupid to accept any email comming from a on existant
email address.

--
Best regards ...

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53