Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.20-10

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exiscanusers, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.20-10
Tom Kistner wrote:

>> I can, however, and do 550 reject scanned messages if they violate site
>> policy (confirmed spam, MS executables.) At the same time I silently
>> save/quarantine the rejected message, in case I've (SA has) boobed. The
>> (in 99,5% non-existent) sender never gets to know that it's been saved.
>
> How do you save or quarantine it while rejecting it? With SA-Exim, I
> suppose? :)

There are more ways to kill a cat than choking it with cheese, as my
gran used to say. Or was it "feeding it bits of string?" ;)

> If the message is spam and gets rejected with 550, the spammer (or his
> bulk mailer) do not presume that it has been delivered, maybe
> discouraging him to send more spam. :)

To me giving [a(n] even non-existent) sender a 550 is tantamount to
pointing a .45 Smith & Wesson at his head and pulling the trigger.
*With* a live cartridge in the chamber.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???