Re: [Exim] 4.20 on OpenBSD 3.3, sparc64, dies.

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.20 on OpenBSD 3.3, sparc64, dies.
Quoth Philip Hazel on Mon, Aug 11, 2003:
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
>
> > It happens with Exim 4.20 and 4.12, but not with 3.36 from the
> > OpenBSD ports collection. OpenBSD 3.3 on sparc64, default Exim
> > configuration file.
>
> Hello Vadim,
>
> As I don't have access to such a system, I can't do any direct debugging
> of this.

The owner of the machine expressed his will to give shell
accounts to a certain MTA author from Cambridge ;)

> That message is in the code that discovers the list of running
> interfaces on the system. Exim is trying to discover whether any of the
> IP addresses it has found from the MX record is the local host. So that
> narrows it down a bit.

That's what I understood, yes.

> The failure is either in the file src/os.c, in
> the loop for finding local interfaces (the problem is with the next
> interface), or, if there are no more interfaces, back in src/host.c just
> after calling the host_scan_for_local_hosts() function around line 2345.

Will do, thanks for the advise.

> > Am I correct in assuming that status 0xA means the child process
> > received SIGBUS?
>
> That's right for Solaris on SPARC; presumably the same for OpenBSD.

Yes, signal numbers are pretty much standard among Unixes.

> > store.c:170: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
>
> Line 170 is a line where it is printing debugging output (the addresses
> of memory blocks).

This was just an example; the same error message appears about
twenty times throughout the code.

> This should not affect what Exim is doing. Maybe I
> should change those to longs.

Or maybe printf("%p", (void *)ptr);.

> I can't suggest anything other than inserting more debugging around the
> points I suggest above, to try to narrow things down some more.

Thanks for your help, I'll try to debug it and will post more
information when I have it.

Vadik.

--
Only through hard work and perseverance can one truly suffer.