Re: [Exim] Cygwin woes

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andrew Sumner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Cygwin woes
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Andrew Sumner wrote:

> exim -bV <remote address>
>
> Both hang on me. When I run it with the -d argument, the last message it
> prints is
> "search_tidyup called".

There is confusion here. The -bV option asks exim to verify its
identity, which it presumably has. This can be used with other options.
Thus

exim -bV <address>

asks Exim to verify its identity and then send a message to <address>.
The message is read from the standard input. So, Exim is waiting for you
to type the message...

exim -bt <address>

asks Exim to do some test routing, which is presumably what you were
really trying to to.