Re: [Exim] Cygwin woes

Author: ODHIAMBO G. Washington
To: Andrew Sumner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Cygwin woes
* Andrew Sumner <ironduke@???> [20030811 08:55]: wrote:
> I am new to exim, so please be patient with me ...
>
> I just installed cygwin from scratch and am using the exim it installs. It
> had the error
> where /etc/exim.conf was the wrong owner/group, which I've fixed. The next
> step in
> the exim documentation was to try:-
>
> exim -bV <local address>
>
> and
>
> exim -bV <remote address>
>
> Both hang on me.

;) Are you sure you wanted to use -bV and not -bt?? I'd use the later. I think you
did not read that documentation well.

> When I run it with the -d argument, the last message it
> prints is > "search_tidyup called". I've been unable to find any mention of this
> problem in the > mailing list archives or FAQ, and was hoping that someone can suggest a
> solution.

Don't worry about it. It's not an important message for you. The stuff in between
is.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
        -- Bohr