Re: [Exim] Dealing with retarded mail software

Author: Harald Meland
To: Clint Sim
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Dealing with retarded mail software
[Clint Sim]

> What I would like to be able to do is to accept a malformed address
> and it's mail and then bounce it after that as an
> undeliverable/unrouteable address, instead of at RCPT time.

In Exim 4, this should be easy -- insert an 'accept' statement near
the top of the ACL controlling RCPT (the one named in the setting of
'acl_smtp_rcpt'). Be sure to restrict this 'accept' on
e.g. senders address and sending host.

Make sure this change does not change your Exim into an open relay.
This can e.g. be tested by doing "telnet relay-test.mail-abuse.org",
as mentioned in Exim's documentation.
--
Harald