[Exim] Re: [exim4debian] New multi-user exim4 config

Author: Dominik Ruf
To: Exim v4 for Debian
CC: 'Exim-users'
Subject: [Exim] Re: [exim4debian] New multi-user exim4 config
* Marc MERLIN <marc_news@???> [2003-08-05 11:57]:

[...]
> Feedback is appreciated, and otherwise, enjoy

Great, thanks a lot! I'm still working through this really
large file, but I'm sure, I'll get some more nice ideas about
what to do with the powerfull flexibility of Exim4.

Just one "Feedback", as requested: :-)

| # But you can get a warning with this (in theory, I couldn't find it)
| helo_try_verify_hosts = !*

This works somewhat similar to the verification of the
reverse_host_lookup:

Just use e.g. these lines in the check_rcpt acl:

# Warn if the sender HELO could not be verified.
warn message = X-Broken-HELO: could not verify given HELO \
name $sender_helo_name
     !verify = helo

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_13.html
writes about helo_try_verify_hosts:

| However, the EHLO or HELO command is not rejected if any of
| the checks fail. Processing continues, but the result of the
| check is remembered, and can be detected later in an ACL by
| the verify = helo condition. If you want verification failure
| to cause rejection of EHLO or HELO, use helo_verify_hosts instead.

Regards, Dominik