Re: [Exim] New multi-user exim4 config

Author: Andrew - Supernews
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] New multi-use exim4 config
Subject: Re: [Exim] New multi-user exim4 config

Marc> The single hostfile is here:
Marc> http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/exim4-conf/exim4.conf

# We probably don't really care about ident anymore nowadays...
rfc1413_hosts = !*

Checking ident allows you to do one useful thing, which is to reliably
reject mail from Cacheflow proxies; we reject 50-100 connects/day for
that reason alone. e.g.:

  deny    condition = ${if eq{$sender_ident}{CacheFlow Server} {yes}{no}}

# But you can get a warning with this (in theory, I couldn't find it)
helo_try_verify_hosts = !*

It seems that verify = helo in an ACL only works _after_ the helo acl
itself (if any); you have to check it in a mail or rcpt acl. Then it
works as specified, but you don't want to reject mail based on it (for
example, Hotmail servers helo as hotmail.com, which doesn't verify).

--
Andrew, Supernews