Re: [Exim] Exim 4.12 on FreeBSD not running queues (solved?)

Author: Marcin Simonides
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.12 on FreeBSD not running queues (solved?)
04 Sie 2003 (Poniedziałek) o 09:57 (+0100) Philip Hazel napisał(a):

> > The problem on my FreeBSD 4.8-REL was caused by /dev/null being chmod 600!
> My imagination isn't good enough to think of all the weird situations
> that might arise. This is one of them...

This is definitely weird situation and after I checked other devices
I noticed that many of them had improper permissions.
This must have been something wrong I did when installing/configuring
the system, rather than an issue with it itself (OTOH the others had
the same or similar problems)...

> >     if (devnull < 0) devnull = open("/dev/null", O_RDWR);
> >     if (devnull != i) dup2(devnull, i);
> That's clearly bad code. It should check the result of the open() call.
> Mea culpa. I'll try to make it more robust.

...anyway an error message would be helpful.

I'm glad if I could help :)
--
                                                            --  Cinek

    "_The_ Zaphod Beeblebrox?"
    "No, just _a_ Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six packs?"
          -- D. Adams, "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"