[Exim] Request for transport_filter_timeout

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Request for transport_filter_timeout
Hi,

As a feature request, would it be possible to add a configurable
transport option of "transport_filter_timeout"?

Currently, Exim 4.20 appears to have a hardcoded timeout of 300 seconds.

In the case of using SpamAssassin in a transport filter, I need a way
to timeout spamc if it is blocking on an open to the remote spamd
server. True, spamc should do this timeout itself, but there is
no built-in facility to do this.

Plus, it would be nice to be able to have Exim being watchful over
the transport timeout itself anyway in the event something in spam
went weird.

For now, I can just manually change the value in the source code of Exim,
but a configurable option would be great.

Regards,

Dean Brooks
dean@???