Re: [Exim] reverse lookup on envelop senders - dealing with …

Author: Rick Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] reverse lookup on envelop senders - dealing with spam
I use the following HELO ACLs, I dunno if it's exactly what you want but it
s purpose is to check the helo given and if it contains our base domain name
or is our address in IP literal form, reject it. It also checks the host
name in the same fashion. The  !+local_net skips the acl if the host IP is
one of our internal, or relay/backup servers.
+local_nets is read from a file and would look like:
xx.xx.xx.xx/25
yy.yy.yy.yy

# Check and see if some one is trying to impersonate my server/hosts
# check and see if the HELO is a match on my domain
# would catch cooper-home.com, somehost.cooper-home.com, etc
# or if the HELO is my address

deny message = No you are not ME or MINE (HELO was $sender_helo_name) and I
will send this log to the appropriate authority ASAP with your IP:
$sender_host_address
    hosts = !+local_net
    condition = ${if or {\
                    {eq{$sender_helo_name}{$interface_address}}\
                    {match{${lc:$sender_helo_name}}{${lc:$qualify_domain}}}\
                    }\
                    {yes}{no}}

# Now check the hostname.
# First check and see if the HOSTNAME is a match on my domain
# But skip if the hostname is blank
deny message = No you are not ME or MINE (HOSTNAME was $sender_host_name)
and I will send this log to the appropriate authority ASAP with your IP:
$sender_host_address
    hosts = !+local_net
    condition = ${if and {\
                    {!eq{$sender_host_name}{}}\
                    {eq{$sender_host_name}{$interface_address}}\
                    }\
                    {yes}{no}}

# Next check and see if the HOSTNAME is my IP address
# But skip if the hostname is blank
deny message = No you are not ME or MINE (HOSTNAME was $sender_host_name)
and I will send this log to the appropriate authority ASAP with your IP:
$sender_host_address
    hosts = !+local_net
    condition = ${if and {\
                    {!eq{$sender_host_name}{}}\
                    {match{${lc:$sender_host_name}}{${lc:$qualify_domain}}}\
                    }\
                    {yes}{no}}

Rick Cooper