RE: [Exim] Translating Sendmail....

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Translating Sendmail....
I found out what it is doing...

The receiving server is expecting the address as what the guy called an RPC
Local Delivery (or Relay Local Delivery)...

When the current mail hub sendmail server receives the mail, it adds its
hostname to the end of the address and relays the mail to the destination.

So the address which came in like    username@???   to the
mail host called mailhost.domain.name sends the message out to the
destination as  username@???@mailhost.domain.name

Yuk. I don't know why they set it up that way, but I can't change the
receiving end I can only change the mail hub.

So my question is... Can I get exim to do the same thing.

I assume that all I need to change is the Envelope To address.

In sendmail, this is apparently done with

R$+<@ $={SpecialDomain}.tosco.com>      $#smtp $@ palm.mkt.tosco.com $:
$1@$2
R$+<@ $={SpecialDomain}.tosco.com.>     $#smtp $@ palm.mkt.tosco.com $:
$1@$2

The last time I asked about rewritting, it was a similar type address.
Phillip said it was illegal, but that is what it is looking for.

Is there a way to get Exim to duplicate this?

Currently, I have.

cometsroute:
driver = manualroute
domains = "partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/comets"
route_list = * palm.mkt.tosco.com bydns
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

Which then uses a normal remote_smtp transport.

I think what I'm looking for is a way to rewrite the Envelope To: address.
Can I do this in the transport with a headers_rewrite?

headers_rewrite = ????? Ef