Re: [Exim] folder ownership

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Mike Weller
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] folder ownership
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Mike Weller wrote:

> I am still looking for a solution to this problem I'm having.
> No one replied, so I figured I'd send it again. Thanks,

Which Exim release?

> > I'm hosting a few domains, and I want to give the domain owners
> > control over their own virtual alias file... I would LOVE to have them
> > able to create their own email address prefixes and folders (since I
> > don't want to add an entry in the password file for every folder).
> > The only problem that I have is that they are all owned by "exim" or
> > whatever I have listed as the default user.

I don't really follow what you are trying to do. Do the domain owners
have accounts on the system?

> > I would like to have the following scenario:
> >
> > alias-bla.com:
> > username1: username1
> > username2: username2
> > username1-spam: /home/username1/Mail/spam
> > username2-spam: /home/username2/Mail/spam
> >
> > Is there any way I can have /home/username1/Mail/spam owned by username1
> > and /home/username2/Mail/spam owned by username2? I can manually set it,
> > but exim changes ownership back to exim and puts 600 permissions on it.

Take a look at the various options of the appendfile transport, if you
haven't already. However, I don't recall writing code to change
ownership, just to set it for new files, and to give an error if the
file has the wrong owner. Check some deliveries with debugging turned on
to see if that helps.