Re: [Exim] folder ownership

Author: Rick Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] folder ownership
If I am following what you are looking for correctly you need to look into
virtual domains with maildir format. With a virtual mail system there is
only one real user

I have several domains within a mail system and all folders are owned by one
user but any administrator can manage their own domains. My maildir format
is /home/vmail/<domain>/Maildir-<username>

All the mail users are virtual and all the user information is in a Mysql
database

I suggest you download the courier imap-pop3 and read up on the virtual
domains section, it works with exim perfectly. However the remote
management part is going to take some scripting, but courier provides a
program to create your virtual mail directory structure from the command
line.

If you are using Exim 4.2 look at the exim spec section 41.6 for information
relating to exim and virtual mail domains

Rick Cooper

<snip>

.