Re: [Exim] CRLF input through pipe causes mangled headers

Author: Tony Finch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] CRLF input through pipe causes mangled headers
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

>What do other people think? Now that drop_cr drops only one CR preceding
>a linefeed (the original hack dropped *all* CRs in a message), this
>might be more acceptable. But I can't say I like it.

I don't see much harm in turning on drop_cr by default. The whole area
is so evil that anyone who causes problems by relying on particular
behaviour deserves the worst possible consequences. Another evil idea
I had as a possible alternative way of dealing with the Cyrus mismatch
would be to convert bare CRs into CRLFSPC, so that the additional line
break doesn't split the header.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
FORTIES: SOUTHEAST VEERING SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6. RAIN OR SHOWERS.