Re: [Exim] Compile failure on Tru64 Ver 5.0B

Author: Mike Meredith
To: Gwen Pettigrew
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Compile failure on Tru64 Ver 5.0B
On Monday 14 July 2003 15:18, Gwen Pettigrew wrote:
> I have just tried to compile EXIM 4.20 on a TRU 64 5.0B box. The
> compile fails at the crypt16() part.

Curious ...

> cc: Warning: crypt16.c, line 45: In this declaration, parameter 1 has
> a different type than specified in an earlier declaration of this
> function. (mismatparam)
> char *crypt16(char *key, char *salt)

Yes. It's a built-in function with Tru64, but Exim should be remembering
that Tru64 (or OSF1) has crypt16 built-in but isn't. Adding
"-DHAVE_CRYPT16" to the CFLAGS line (just above the "HAVE_CRYPT16=yes")
in OS/Makefile-OSF1 seems to do the trick, although you'll get plenty
of warnings about it being redefined.

Bear in mind that I've just built the binary ... no testing at all.

- --
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer   /~\ The ASCII
University of Portsmouth                    \ / Ribbon Campaign
                                             X  Against HTML
Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security         / \ Email!