[Exim] Compile failure on Tru64 Ver 5.0B

Author: Gwen Pettigrew
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Compile failure on Tru64 Ver 5.0B
Hi,
I have just tried to compile EXIM 4.20 on a TRU 64 5.0B box. The compile
fails at the crypt16() part.

I am using the Compaq 6.1 compiler with the CFLAGS=std1 set in the
Makefile.

This is what is kicked out before the fail ( Using the Tru64 version of
make but Gnu make also gives the same result)
cc -c -O -I.    acl.c
cc -c -O -I.    child.c
cc -c -O -I.    crypt16.c
cc: Warning: crypt16.c, line 45: In this declaration, parameter 1 has a
different type than specified in an earlier declaration of this
function. (mismatparam)
char *crypt16(char *key, char *salt)
------^
cc: Error: crypt16.c, line 45: In this declaration, the type of
"crypt16" is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration of
"crypt16" at line number 668 in file /usr/include/unistd.h. (notcompat)
char *crypt16(char *key, char *salt)
------^
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.

This is the first time I have had an problems compiling EXIM on Tru64
boxes ( I have previously compiled 4.04 on the machine I am using. ) I
have also tried uncommenting the DEFAULT_CRYPT=crypt16 line in the
Local/Makefile. Anyone got any suggestions as to a fix for the above
problem.

Gwen Pettigrew
Computer Officer
School of Earth, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
Cardiff University
Department home page http://www.earth.cf.ac.uk
Personal web page http://www.ocean.cf.ac.uk/people/gwen