Re: [Exim] call-out from command-line

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Rutger van Oosten
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] call-out from command-line
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Rutger van Oosten wrote:

> I've been looking for a command-line option to let exim do e-mail address
> verification via a call-out. Is this at all possible? -bv and -bt don't
> seem to want to do it. I've tried using a custom config file with:
>
> accept
> verify = recipient/callout=10s,defer_ok
>
> in the acl_check_rcpt ACL, but this does not make any difference.

There is no way do to it from Exim. If you use -bh to simulate an SMTP
call from another host, it goes through some of the motions, but it
doesn't actually do the callout itself. I didn't think this kind of
testing should impact on other hosts.

Of course, you can just telnet to the the remote host and do a manual
"callout" if you want to check a particular address.