[Exim] Strange files left in /tmp

Author: Jeffrey Wheat
To: spamassassin-talk
CC: exim-users, exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Strange files left in /tmp
Hi all. I am cross-posting this since I am not
sure what is the culprit here. I am seeing files
with names like:

    e1220004.$$$

left in my temp directory every so often. I am guess
that something is dying and leaving this file. Some
days I have a small handful, other days a hundred or
so. This has been going on for some time now and I
have yet to locate in the sources what may be the
cause of it. Has anyone seen this and know what the
cause is and solution? My environment:

FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
exim-4.14 with exiscan patch, spam assassin 2.55 and
sophie-3.02.

I don't think it is sophie as I have
killed it before and the files seem to keep accumulating.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

MTIA,
Jeff

---