RE: [Exim] exim relaying to exchange or lotus

Author: Luzynski, Steve
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] exim relaying to exchange or lotus

I'm currently using sendmail to do the same, but I'm moving to Exim 4 so
that I can get better control of junk mail. In particular, I'm
integrating SpamAssassin with per-user preferences so that individual
users can visit a web page to manage white/blacklist entries, adjust the
score for email rejection, implement a per-user hold queue of messages
that were 'on the edge' of rejection... All hard to do with sendmail
(without coding up a custom milter) and impossible to do with Exchange
(where the only anti-junk tools are in the client where it's FAR too
late to deal with the issue).

Using a UNIX relay in front of Exchange also helps greatly with security
issues, RFC compliance, and overall flexibility in dealing with multiple
hosted domains. For example, any of the domains I MX for other than the
primary (Aquila.com) get rewritten on the UNIX side so that I don't have
to deal with keeping 100+ domains in Exchange.

Steve Luzynski
Aquila, Inc.