Re: [Exim] Creating domainlist with SQL select

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Creating domainlist with SQL select
> Still, I would expect Exim to set $domain to sender's domain, since
> sender_domains condition is for sender's domain. This is because the
> already mentioned section 11.8 states that: "whenever a domain list is
> being scanned, $domain contains the subject domain".

I have now investigated this situation. I have concluded that this is a
documentation bug rather than a code bug. The reason is that when you
specify

sender_domains = .....

in a RCPT ACL, you may want the list to be dependent on the *recipient*
domain. For that reason, it is the recipient domain that is in $domain
for the entire time a RCPT ACL is being processed.

The domain of the sender address is, after all, available in
$sende_address_domain if you want to use it.

I will fix the manual at the next edition, and I'll put something in
doc/NewStuff in the meantime.

Philip