Re: [Exim] Creating domainlist with SQL select

Autor: Kirill Miazine
A: Wakko Warner
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Creating domainlist with SQL select
Wakko Warner wrote:
> > This worked exactly as expected, since you cannot use the "domains"
> > condition in a MAIL ACL. Neither can you use $domain there. In a MAIL
> > ACL you can use the "sender_domains" condition and
> > $sender_address_domain. $domain is the RECIPIENT's domain.

Actually $domain in a domain list should be the domain a list is scanned
for, it should not matter whether we check sender's domain or
recipient's domain.

> Exactly.
>
> I was doing:
>   deny    sender_domains = !+local_domains
>           <some other conditions>

> Which did not work the way I specified didn't work. Which is why i had to
> chagne it.

Hm... Yes. Right. Exactly. :)

Still, I would expect Exim to set $domain to sender's domain, since
sender_domains condition is for sender's domain. This is because the
already mentioned section 11.8 states that: "whenever a domain list is
being scanned, $domain contains the subject domain".

> I thought I could test to see "if $domain is empty use $sender_domain", but
> that won't work all the time. What if I'm testing sender_domains in RCPT?
> $domain = the RCPT domain, not the MAIL domain.
>
> I suppose I could have used yet another list, one for sender and one for
> recipient to test for...

A possibile solution...

--
Kirill Miazine