Re: [Exim] Creating domainlist with SQL select

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: km-lists
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Creating domainlist with SQL select
> > > "Whenever a domain list is being scanned, $domain contains the subject
> > > domain" (section 11.8 of the Exim specification).
> > >
> > > It should not matter whether the list is used in an ACL or not.
> >
> > I tried this, and it did not work as expected. I was testing to see if the
> > sender was local or not and it always said the sender was not local
> > ($domain was blank).
>
> This worked exactly as expected, since you cannot use the "domains"
> condition in a MAIL ACL. Neither can you use $domain there. In a MAIL
> ACL you can use the "sender_domains" condition and
> $sender_address_domain. $domain is the RECIPIENT's domain.

Exactly.

I was doing:
    deny    sender_domains = !+local_domains
        <some other conditions>

Which did not work the way I specified didn't work. Which is why i had to
chagne it.

I thought I could test to see "if $domain is empty use $sender_domain", but
that won't work all the time. What if I'm testing sender_domains in RCPT?
$domain = the RCPT domain, not the MAIL domain.

I suppose I could have used yet another list, one for sender and one for
recipient to test for...