Re: [Exim] sender verify problem

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Fernando Sanchez
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] sender verify problem
> >>I'm running Debian with exim 4.40. I don't know if is more a problem
> > Version what???
> My bad, was 4.20 just a typo

I guessed that, but I thought I'd mention it. =)

> > That's exactly the way it's supposed to work. You might be wanting callout
> > verification. try:
> > require verify = sender/callout=30s
>
> Thanks. It worked nicely, I was getting a lot of bounces generated to
> non-existent addresses

You may also want to turn on recipient verification (not callout) where your
system would normally deliver local mail. IE:
accept    domains = +local_domains
    endpass
    message = Unroutable address $local_part@$domain
    verify = recipient

This will prevent your system from ever bouncing the messages. It would be
upto the sending server to do this. In the case of spammers, no bounces at
all.