Re: [Exim] sender verify problem

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Fernando Sanchez
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] sender verify problem
> I'm running Debian with exim 4.40. I don't know if is more a problem

Version what???

> about the distribution, but my
>
> require verify = sender
>
> is not working well. I run exim4 -bh and I get this

<snip>

> It seems like it just test for a valid dns server, but not for a valid
> user on a valid domain. Is the verify = sender condition implemented
> only on the source or is there any way I can modify the behaibior?

That's exactly the way it's supposed to work. You might be wanting callout
verification. try:
require verify = sender/callout=30s

You may wish to add "/defer_ok" if you want to allow the message IF the
callout can't be performed (remote server having difficulties)