Re: [Exim] dnslookup blocking for an addresslist

Autor: Andreas J Mueller
A: Jonathan Vanasco
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] dnslookup blocking for an addresslist
Hi Jonathan!

> I just noticed something peculiar on this -- if
> /path/to/local_parts_dir/$domain does not exist, this router will be
> passed on.

I believe that Exim will actually panic in this case.

The best "workaround" I could come up with in about 10 minutes is to
check for the existence of the file before doing the lookup. This
raises the ugliness level of this condition to 1, but seems to work as
expected, i.e., skip the router for any local_parts listed in one of
the files, and process all other addresses (and domains for which no
exception files exist) normally.

  local_parts = ${if exists {/path/to/local_parts_dir/$domain}\
                 {! lsearch;/path/to/local_parts_dir/$domain}{*}}

So much easier if entire addresses were supported in a router
precondition. You could use @@lsearch to look up local part lists
keyed by domain... (NB: This is already a Wishlist item.)

Andy