RE: [Exim] HOTMAIL

Autor: Cory Daehn
A: Thomas Kinghorn, Exim-Users E-mail
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] HOTMAIL
Okay, maybe I haen't been paying full attention to this thread.... But
again, WHY are you not just bouncing e-mail sent to invalid addresses? If
the messages bounce to begin with, then the spammers won't continue to send
to them. joeblow@??? shouldn't be a valid address unless there
really is a joeblow there, and thus should bounce... The only reason I can
think of to accept mail for invalid addresses is if you're harvesting them
(for instance the new owner of keyemail.com in China, they purchased a
domain that had expired, but used to provide free e-mail to people who
watched k-eye TV here in Austin, they then harvest the e-mail addresses that
are sending mail to their server, and proceed to spam them, and distribute
them to other spammers.)