Re: [Exim] HOTMAIL

Autor: Andreas J Mueller
A: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] HOTMAIL
Hi Giuliano!

> So things like

> senders
> local_parts

> are effectively conditions whose type (eq/match) depends on the right
> hand side?

Something like that. They match the sender address or recipient local
part (there is also a recipients condition to match full recipient
addresses) against an address or local parts list. This is much more
powerful than using a simple "${if match" or "${if eq" condition.

> I suppose I should have put the null char beginning of line ^
> otherwise my condition is too comprehensive.

It is required for regular expression matching in address lists,
because it actually marks the beginning of a regular expression.
Otherwise only textual matching will be done.

> Also I am not sure [A-z] was necessary (perhaps it would have been
> better (?i) to ignore case) as local parts are lowercased before
> being used, aren't they?

I believe so. Routers may set caseful_local_part to avoid this
conversion, and you can use +caseful in address or local parts list to
do caseful matching.

> BTW, how come the To: header was "Giuliano Gavazzi <the exim list

address here>>"? I am starting to have an identity crysis!

Sorry about that. ;-) I'm still trying to figure out the most natural
way to reply to the list. It seems to be common to send list posts
also directly to the intended recipients, so I'll do that for now.

Andy