[Exim] Re: Accepting Malformed domains

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Accepting Malformed domains
--
On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:58:36PM +0200, Clint Sim wrote:

| The problem comes in when Prism tries to send out a bill
| to a malformed address (because some idiot has not been carefull when
| entering the customer's details), it gets a "501 domain missing or
| malformed" and then chokes.

This means that Prism doesn't really implement SMTP. It realy needs
to be fixed.

| I gather that Postfix was accepting the bad
| addresses and then bouncing them afterwards as an invalid address.

Postfix can do that if you tell it to, or it can reject invalid
addresses earlier if you tell it to.

| The question is, can I make Exim behave like this?

They both behave the same in this area :-). (as defined above,
anyways)

Which version of exim are you using? I know that with exim's ACLs you
can accept or deny pretty much whatever you want to.

-D

--
\begin{humor}
Disclaimer: