[Exim] Accepting Malformed domains

Author: Clint Sim
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Accepting Malformed domains
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to the list members for the previous support that you
given me, this list is great! Secondly, I have another obscure request.
A customer of mine (an ISP) runs an billing system called Prism which
sends out bills via email, so far so good. I have just converted the
mail server that it talks to from Postfix to Exim and all hell has
broken loose. The problem comes in when Prism tries to send out a bill
to a malformed address (because some idiot has not been carefull when
entering the customer's details), it gets a "501 domain missing or
malformed" and then chokes. I gather that Postfix was accepting the bad
addresses and then bouncing them afterwards as an invalid address. The
question is, can I make Exim behave like this? I think it's wrong and
the problem should be solved with Prism, but I'm just the consultant.

Thanks

Clint