Re: Now well off-topic - was Re: [Exim] how to configure HEL…

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: Now well off-topic - was Re: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-homed hosts
Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> Since these services are becoming popular, I fear that you need
> to make clear the distinction between the way that the the internet
> *should* work (RFCs, best practice etc.),
> and the way that a significant portion of it does work.

Forget dyndns - Greg seems to require that helo == forward dns ==
reverse DNS

That will, for starters, bounce mail from virtual hosted domains - and
from hosts that don't have control over their rDNS (try coming here to
APNIC land and see how hard it is to get your ISP to delegate rDNS to you).