RE: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Cooper
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
$ 400 mon? I have a client in a city of a couple million and $400 a month
doesn't cover the local-loop. Best price on a T1 with POP only (zero
services ) is $1275 monthly. Cannot get DSL, even though they are in an area
that is heavy retail/commercial (28,000 cbl ft from CO) but they can get a
professional cable account for $95 mo. that more than adequately meets their
needs. Unfortunately the cable company doesn't separate the professional
account IPs from the residential IPs and this of course causes problems with
several mail systems so we still have to send a lot of outbound through one
the other business as a smart host.

Now try to explain to the person who's money is going out each month that
that he is insane for choosing an alternative that is not 13 times his
current expense to do the same thing he is doing now. Especially when being
connected to the Internet is not even his choice (This is a Ford dealership
and you basically have no choice about having a broadband connection if you
are a store of any size)

If a site is acting responsibly, they are not engaging in spam they shouldn
t be blocked. Blocking entire IP blocks because they are listed a certain
way is... well simple , so I guess that is why it's done. I guess we should
extrapolate that to handling other social problems. If a certain area of a
city has a higher than average incident of drug problems, arrest and
imprison every occupant within that zip code and the problem will be solved.
. Innocence does not excuse you from living in that zip code, you should
have moved regardless of your circumstance.

--
Rick Cooper